In Montvale, NJ, and Across Bergen County
Clear aligners are an alternative to traditional braces and are designed to help guide teeth into their proper position. Similar to braces, clear aligners use a gradual force to control tooth movement but without metal wires or brackets. Invisalign®, our clear teeth aligner of choice at Montvale Orthodontics, are a series of clear appliances that look and feel similar to bleaching trays. Each aligner is worn for approximately one week and slowly moves the teeth. Teeth are eventually positioned into their appropriate position as planned per stage.
All Day Wear for Striking Results
Aligners should be worn for at least 20 hours a day to reach the desired maximum effectiveness. Each aligner is worn for three weeks before changing to the next one. The length of treatment with aligners depends upon the severity of each case. Typically, aligner treatment can be as short as three weeks or as long as six months. Overall, aligners offer a much shorter treatment than traditional braces.
Invisalign® Teen aligners differ from regular Invisalign® aligners because they allow space for your teen’s molars to continue growing.
Because Invisalign® aligners can be removed, your teen can continue their normal brushing and flossing regimen. This means less chance of plaque, decay, and gum disease. Invisalign® Teen is made of a smooth, comfortable plastic. There are no wires to poke or brackets to break, meaning fewer orthodontic emergencies.
Invisalign® Teen requires fewer orthodontic appointments. If your teen loses an aligner, Invisalign® Teen will replace it! We can provide up to six free individual aligners should a loss occur. Give your child the gift of self-confidence and good oral health! It’s a gift that lasts a lifetime!
Patients who use Invisalign® experience several advantages over traditional braces such as:
- The freedom to eat and drink what you like
- They are virtually invisible
- Normal oral hygiene without the need or use of an orthodontic wire
- Normally less cavities post-treatment
- Less frequent office visits for those with busy schedules
- Often considered more comfortable, without wires or brackets
- Added benefit of whitening your teeth during treatment with the trays, if you would like
- Ability to remove aligners for special occasions if necessary
- No poking wires or brackets and no need for wax
In addition to Invisalign®, our in-office aligners are a convenient aligner option done 100% in-house. We control the entire process, which includes molding, 3D printing, fabricating aligners with the highest-quality materials, and hand crafting each set to fit the patient's requirements. At Montvale Orthodontics, we use different materials of various strengths and designs for a predictable and controlled result. Since everything from design to manufacturing is done in our Montvale office, the turnaround time is an incentive on its own. That means, you are on your way to the perfect smile in no time!
If you want more information on our in-office aligners, contact our office in Montvale, NJ.
How long is the treatment period for clear aligners?
Montvale Orthodontics aligners' treatment time can vary based on the severity of the dental issue being corrected and your orthodontist's advice. Usually, treatment falls into three categories:
A six-month timeframe if minimal treatment is required, i.e., correcting minor alignment issues.
A 12-month treatment if the treatment is a little more extensive and will require more time to correct.
An unlimited timeframe where the patient is provided as many aligners as needed to fully correct the issue.
How do I use Invisalign®?
- You should wear your aligner at all times, except when eating or brushing.
- Keep aligners in the case (provided) anytime the aligners are not in your mouth.
- Clean the aligner twice daily by running cold water over the, every morning and night. You may also use a denture cleaner to clean the Invisalign® aligners.
- Keep aligners away from hot temperatures including hot water, car dashboards, microwaves, etc.
- Practice speaking whenever you change aligners, as it may slightly impact your speech for a few hours.
Does Invisalign® hurt?
Invisalign®, in general, does not cause pain, however, some patients may experience temporary discomfort the first few days after a new aligner is fitted. This is caused by the minor movements and bone regrowth around the teeth.
If you have more questions about clear aligners or would like to request an appointment, please contact our office and we'll be happy to discuss further.